It seems like we can always look forward to a few Chicago visits per year by Del McCoury. City Winery is quickly establishing itself as "home turf" for the bluegrass legends.
They've been keeping themselves busy -- and taking a page from the Billy Bragg and Wilco playbook in the process -- by putting the finishing touches on a Woody Guthrie album. It features lyrics by Woody that have never been put to music set to tunes by Del. Says Woody's daughter Nora, "if my Dad would have had a band, it would have been The Del McCoury Band".
Del plays two shows this Sunday night. While the 5pm show is nearly sold out, there are a couple of extra incentives to get you out to the 8pm gig.
- The band will share the stage with the Jeff Austin Band
- The "late" show is not all that late on a Sunday. Plenty of time to get you to work on Monday morning, or to your next outing if you have the MLK holiday off
- We're giving away some free tickets!
Entering our contest is simple.
1. Send us an email with the subject “Del & Jeff” to info @ tomorrowsverse.com — in the body tell us your full name and the name of a friend you'd like to take.
That’s it. You’re entered. We’ll notify the winner on Saturday. But if you want a few extra entries, let’s get social…
2. Find the link to this page in our Facebook timeline. LIKE it, and tag the friend you’d like to take in the comments — that’ll give you a boost. Be sure to LIKE The Barn on Facebook for it to count!
4. Check out this video of Jeff and Del from Delfest 5 Won't give you any extra entries but sure is cool. (Apologies for the portrait video).